Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
A learned person shall not eat the food from….!
A learned person
Who had learnt many moral books;
Who knows what is just and morality
Shall not eat the food served by
The below mentioned three persons!
A person with low caliber and mean minded
Who never respects the elders and educated,
Who lives with extreme pride
A whore wearing beautifully
Designed bangles jewelry,
Who bargains her beauty –
With narrow waist and broad hip
Resembling the hood of a cobra -
Sells her private parts for money!
A person who destroyed the almshouse
Meant for poor people and saints!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A learned person shall not eat the food from….! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
செருக்கினால் வாழும் சிறியவனும் பைத்தகன்ற
அல்குல் விலைபகரும் ஆய்தொடியும் - நல்லவர்க்கு
வைத்த அறப்புறம் கொன்றானும் இம்மூவர்
கைத்துண்ணார் கற்றறிந் தார்.25 திரிகடுகம்