Geetima Baruah Sarma
Dear Feelings, Horizon,
You inspire me to write on and on.
You've provided a platform for many poets,
To express their feelings and thoughts.
Horizon is the place for the sun to rise,
Feelings is the space for the poets to write.
My thanks to you for publishing my poems,
Every Saturday I eagerly wait to read poems.
Through this letter, I wish you 'Happy New Year',
Long live Feelings, may you prosper every year.
[Published: 26 December 2009 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Letter by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland