A Letter to Lady Margaret Cavendish Holles-Harley, when a Child
MY noble, lovely, little Peggy,
Let this my First Epistle beg ye,
At dawn of morn, and close of even,
To lift your heart and hands to Heaven.
In double duty say your prayer:
Our Father first, then Notre Pere.
And, dearest child, along the day,
In every thing you do and say,
Obey and please my lord and lady,
So God shall love and angels aid ye.
If to these precepts you attend,
No second letter need I send,
And so I rest your constant friend.
Matthew Prior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Letter to Lady Margaret Cavendish Holles-Harley, when a Child by Matthew Prior )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My friendly foe, Arnab Chaudhuri
- shut your dirty mouth, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rocking Chair Memories, Nicole GravellPellerino
- it's too hot to play scrabble, Mandolyn Davidson
- It is raining and raining, gajanan mishra
- Silence, Arnab Chaudhuri
- 太陽的月亮和我 Tàiyáng de yuèliàng hé wǒ, Sedated Ninja
- The Sun's Moon & Me, Sedated Ninja
- I resubmit, maqsood hasni
- WHILE YOU KNOW, maqsood hasni