Ramesh T A
A Life Time Achievement Award!
Fluttering heart comes to rest as dove settles top!
A bird's eye view of all things makes a summery;
All things full of fun and trauma keep reeling on
Till settlement in peace comes to give relief sure!
Likewise all life long trials and errors show way;
Natural satisfaction at last comes sure one day
For all the painstaking efforts have yielded fruit!
What a venture each one takes to achieve laurel!
Perfection of proper way to do things best is fine
But not achieving only the success somehow ever!
Life achievement is not an easy joke being conferred
By an award all envy at the ceremony in applauds
Renting the full auditorium cheering people in joy
With speeches of noble ones influencing all to do so!
Inspiring attributes of talented ones create goose-bum
Never allowing the impression formed so leave mind;
A zeal of venture kindles all hearts to aspire to do so
And dream of experiencing feeling of the day then too!
Days lived cannot give any satisfaction but that day,
When one is awarded with lifetime achievement prize!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Life Time Achievement Award! by Ramesh T A )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
Poem of the Day
- 'Til The Break Of Dawn, Mary Love Ybanez
- The Perfect Gift!, Denis Martindale
- My Expression, Michael P. McParland
- The Lady in the skies, Kari Susanne Holmedal
- My Call To You, Michael P. McParland
- Much Love, Michael P. McParland
- More Than You Can Know, Michael P. McParland
- Mistakes, Michael P. McParland
- Mental Illness, Michael P. McParland
- Meant To Be, Michael P. McParland