A Light Seems to Shine
He loved me well ~ I loved him too
His melodies of love were all for me.
And into his arms I always flew
Whenever he smiled upon me.
We danced and danced the night away
In the moonlight before our wedding day.
Dancing belongs to the days of old,
The beautiful springtime before he died.
Without my 'Ken' the nights grew cold
Yearnings and longings multiplied.
I cried and I cried each night away
Recalling our beautiful wedding day.
With forty long years here in my heart
I am still his, and he is still mine.
We kept our vows 'Till death us do part'
And as I write, a light seems to shine
Inviting me to a life on cloud nine
A life of sweet music, roses and wine.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Light Seems to Shine by Joyce Hemsley )
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery