A little Boy Whispers in the Night
Alone in the dark,
The trees cry out.
A painful voice,
Heard amoung the rest.
The little boy whispers,
to the crying trees
and tells them everything
will be alright.
Silence takes over now
The tree becomes limp and dead.
The voice that they heard
was the voice of the dead.
and unanswered prayers
the little boy was killed
right under those trees
they speak of his pain
and of his misarie.
Amanda Mannings's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A little Boy Whispers in the Night by Amanda Mannings )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc