A Long Life Road
Our life is a real drama
In such a colorful gamma.
Our life is just a moment,
Sometimes with a torment.
Just have enough patience
To keep good relations,
To love truly and forgive.
You won't believe
But today I cried away.
Someone thought it was a shame,
Someone comforted, didn't blame,
Someone said: life goes on,
Someone dies and some are born
You only need desperately to repent,
With your heart to be in consent.
Make it a blessed event!
But it was not a simple lament.
Yes, the tears I couldn't prevent.
The most intimate understood
Whom today we buried,
Whom today we have lost
And what is the life's cost.
A month ago she was ninety five
But her eyes were always alive.
She was intellectual and clever,
No one could ever say she was old.
So many people her heart could hold.
Yes, she was only ninety five,
But even those who were twenty five
Came to her for advice.
Just to chat with her was so nice.
We did not dare to say 'a crone',
No one heard her moan.
We say: she had a long life road.
But is it enough to solve its code?
The war, the loss of her son…
Years and years were far from fun.
Thank God a daughter was bestowed.
Since then her life has mellowed.
But then a new grief - widowed.
At the funeral many words were said
Because she was truly loved
And in our souls she will never be dead.
It hurts to lose a true friend.
We'll miss you dear on this land.
So, live in our memories and in the heavens,
Always young in the mind and in appearance!
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Long Life Road by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- King Serpentine, Gaurav Juyal
- The clouds and the child, Thampi KEE
- To My Princess, Abekah Emmanuel
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Identification of a Rat by Act, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Walk, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Bush, My Lover, William Henry Ogilvie
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)