A love like this
Like a rose hath withered,
Your love for me hath withered.
The sun has set on the horizon
Death come to taketh me.
Like a bird that sings no more,
Your voice comes to soothe me no more.
The lame horse finally won,
A game ended at the roll of three.
Like a child that hath fallen down,
Your heart hath fallen down.
To find a new love that hath already begun,
My eye can no longer behold thine beauty.
chyna parker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A love like this by chyna parker )
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You have Made Me Yours, Md. Ziaul Haque
- हाबाब सना, हाबाब मैना, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I will not be Here…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I VISIT MYSELF, ROCHISH MON
- Water Can Speak!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Eye-Catcher, Naveed Khalid
- It's Shakespeare [Sheikspeare] not Sexpe.., Md. Ziaul Haque
- Magician, Naveed Khalid
- snow, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)