A Love Story
A Love Story
'To Amy G'
I am just a beginner
Who's finding his way through
I did my best to win her
But failed and this is true.
A voice told me 'Try again'
It said perhaps she'll change
And free my heart from its pain
In love nothing is strange
I knew it would be impossible
For She had made her decision
Yet my Love so irresistible
Forced me to think of some mission
I asked myself how should I start
Is it by a letter?
Complaining about my achy heart
Explaining the matter!
I took a piece of paper
And wrote with a trembling hand
How much indeed I need her
By God! Would she understand?
I live and wait, for her I still wait
I have waited…….. Waited too long
My love has turned to a hate
For I am old and no more young
This is another love story
Which is like most of the rest
That died away quite early
And lay buried in my chest!
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright Leaking Pen 1960's series
Comments about this poem (A Love Story by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro