A Love that was Broken
My heart is broken
Cause’ I’ve lost you once again,
I’ve let you slip away
Without my heart left to mend.
I miss you so much
And I think of you all the time,
With every breath that I have
I wish that you would be mine.
I don’t know what to do
And this pain never seems to end,
You’re in love with someone else
Before I could speak to you again!
Was your love really there?
Or was I just for the side?
I hate that you didn’t feel the same,
And your love I could ever find
I lay awake at night
Wondering where i went wrong,
How did I push you away?
Or did we really belong?
Shelby Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love that was Broken by Shelby Lanier )
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Man Who Lived In Layers, Noah Body
- Again They Come XLIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Drunk on You XLVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Inevitable XLVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- I respect, hasmukh amathalal
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)