A Love that was Broken
My heart is broken
Cause’ I’ve lost you once again,
I’ve let you slip away
Without my heart left to mend.
I miss you so much
And I think of you all the time,
With every breath that I have
I wish that you would be mine.
I don’t know what to do
And this pain never seems to end,
You’re in love with someone else
Before I could speak to you again!
Was your love really there?
Or was I just for the side?
I hate that you didn’t feel the same,
And your love I could ever find
I lay awake at night
Wondering where i went wrong,
How did I push you away?
Or did we really belong?
Shelby Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love that was Broken by Shelby Lanier )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)