A Lovely Bride On Way To Funeral!
I often tell my beloved,
Please adorn me with beautiful,
Like a lovely bride, I should look.
Once, I had long shining silky hair,
And I loved to wear jasmine flowers,
But I cut my hair short.
But don't be stingy
Tuck jasmine flowers only, in my hair.
Cover me with kanjeepuram sari only,
Else I will question you.
As I love to look today,
Like a beautiful bride.
Cover me with full of fragrance,
As I love perfumes,
My eyes to be beautifully drawn with,
Of course, be careful as it may hurt me too.
No lipstick as I don't like.
Yeah but scented talcum powder would be fine for me.
And one big bindi on my forehead.
And a small sandal wood paste on top of it.
I should look like a beautiful bride.
Don't wake up the bride.
She is in her deep sleep....
Let her sleep!
Note..In this poem, I portrayed a scene of a woman whose husband fulfils her last death wishes. Like a bride she was decorated and taken for funeral. Thats why I said last lines...let her sleep...
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lovely Bride On Way To Funeral! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Losing you, Ronnie Rox
- Autumn Parade, Joseph T. Renaldi
- SUCCESS IS LIKE LIGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- The Final Feast, Smoky Hoss
- First Day Of School, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Return, Smoky Hoss
- A poem for a poem, Nikola Pajtic
- Candlelight, Matt Mooney
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mark R Slaughter
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow