A Lovers Miss, and Death Wins...
The girl is quiet,
She dont understand,
Why she is here
on this strange land.
She loves music and dark places,
She dont reconize their fake faces.
She has fresh blood on her scar-ed arms,
It dont stop,
She is alarmed.
The people talk loudly
while her music plays,
She thinks her mind is a maze.
She is afraid and alone
as she thinks of her home.
She watches the people and
she waits for the right time,
She hears a voice saying
'now is the time' but
She hears her heart say 'wait awhile, '
She can feel her lover embrace her softly,
Saying I Love You so sweet and nicely,
He kisses her
then leaves her wanting.
She feels his heart and his breath on her neck.
She wishes and
hopes it dont end.
He continuses to say I Love You
as the blood drips down her hand
onto the floor of this strange land.
She kisses him,
his soft, sweet lips.
She hugs him as her mind becomes an abyss.
She starts to cry as the blood dont stop.
She tries to say something,
she tried to talk,
she grips his hand,
she closes her eyes,
and she dies.
josselyn marroquin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lovers Miss, and Death Wins... by josselyn marroquin )
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- CORPSE, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Seven Seas, Yohan Confectioner
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)