A Loving Man
If your friend lets you down
and a true love can’t be found,
till the blue skies come around
I'll be sitting right by your side.
So journey far and fly safe,
enjoy this world for it's a strange place
keep that smile upon your face
for when it is not I’ll be right by your side.
Though there may be oceans between us now
I think about you every now and again.
No, don’t forget me, now that we’re apart,
just open up that great big loving heart.
Take your time to embrace romance
and teach your daughter how to sing and dance.
Love may hurt but sometimes it's worth the chance,
If not, I’ll be right by your side.
I hear your laughter and cries too,
all these things I miss of you.
I wasn’t perfect - this I would admit,
always trying to make the pieces fit.
Don’t ask me now that the time has set
for I’ve loved you since the moment we first met.
So many times we have laughed and cried.
Knowing you has filled my heart with pride.
You’ll always be a part of me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Loving Man by JJ Evendon )
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)