A Magical Moment
It is over twenty-five years ago,
Since this lady performed a live show:
Way back then, she was one of four,
Topping the charts with hit songs galore.
She watches in the wings, waiting her turn:
Within her heart, she feels a little concern.
Waiting onstage is her partner in crime:
There’s no turning back: now is the time.
As the intro is played, the crowd go wild,
And from her co-star, she receives a smile;
His welcoming gesture, gentlemanly and gracious,
Beckons her forwards onto the stage so spacious.
Wearing long boots and a black lacy dress,
She makes her entrance – now for her test;
She walks onstage to thousands of cheers:
Her face says ‘I can’t believe that I’m here.’
The spotlight follows her every move -
Her nerves, her co-star hopes he can soothe.
She takes a bow, then, with outstretched hand,
She takes a moment to acknowledge the band.
He sings, ‘Can’t believe it’s really you.’
Neither can believe that it’s really true.
She smiles at him, as she sings a line in reply,
And suddenly a spark ignites within her eyes.
His silent language keeps urging her on,
And, very soon, her nerves are all gone;
She then, very visibly, begins to relax,
And her old star quality comes flooding back.
Despite the fact that it has been an age,
She is soon feeling confident upon the stage.
The two singers are so amazing together -
The magic of this moment will last forever.
At the end of the song, they thank everyone;
Both of the singers have had so much fun.
Having made her comeback singing a duet,
For more live performances, she is now set.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Magical Moment by Angela Wybrow )
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)