A Man Called Father
Who has the tender face of an angel?
Whose presence is as calming as a harp?
Who's heart is as gentle as a lamb but,
Whose heart can love like a lion?
Whose raised my life with superlative values?
Whose etched these traits into my essence.
Whose endured the hardships of this grateful and trying life.
A man with a loving disposition.
A man whose hand has touched many lives.
A man whos watched me grow.
A man who's shared his bountiful talents.
A man whose gualities are the natural makeup of my life.
A man, my father;
Whose raised my life.
Who has made me who I am today.
Whose filled and praised the many accomplishments.
Whose endured the hardships and has achived and overcome much more.
Who's an absolute blessing in my life, and every life he touches.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Called Father by Jessie Jett )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett