A Man Called Father
Who has the tender face of an angel?
Whose presence is as calming as a harp?
Who's heart is as gentle as a lamb but,
Whose heart can love like a lion?
Whose raised my life with superlative values?
Whose etched these traits into my essence.
Whose endured the hardships of this grateful and trying life.
A man with a loving disposition.
A man whose hand has touched many lives.
A man whos watched me grow.
A man who's shared his bountiful talents.
A man whose gualities are the natural makeup of my life.
A man, my father;
Whose raised my life.
Who has made me who I am today.
Whose filled and praised the many accomplishments.
Whose endured the hardships and has achived and overcome much more.
Who's an absolute blessing in my life, and every life he touches.
Jessie Jett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Called Father by Jessie Jett )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)