A Man Called Father
Who has the tender face of an angel?
Whose presence is as calming as a harp?
Who's heart is as gentle as a lamb but,
Whose heart can love like a lion?
Whose raised my life with superlative values?
Whose etched these traits into my essence.
Whose endured the hardships of this grateful and trying life.
A man with a loving disposition.
A man whose hand has touched many lives.
A man whos watched me grow.
A man who's shared his bountiful talents.
A man whose gualities are the natural makeup of my life.
A man, my father;
Whose raised my life.
Who has made me who I am today.
Whose filled and praised the many accomplishments.
Whose endured the hardships and has achived and overcome much more.
Who's an absolute blessing in my life, and every life he touches.
Jessie Jett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Called Father by Jessie Jett )
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)