cheryl davis miller
This style of poem, brings to mind,
Where Lord and Lady, you will find,
In stately fashion, side by side.
Across the dance floor, see them glide.
A dance adorned by matchless set,
The opposite, you'd think us blind,
that's you and I.
All hands and feet, to toes unkind,
each time we try.
There is no grace, no work of art,
it seems to drive us, more apart.
The dance I've longed for since we met,
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Rhyme scheme: a B a b c c b B, a b a b d d b B
Capital B designates repeated lines.
Syllable counts 8 4 8 4 8 8 8 4 in each of two stanzas.
Comments about this poem (A Minuet by cheryl davis miller )
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sitting On A Scarlet, Edward Kofi Louis
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sad, wayne kers
- The Last Bell, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow