Alon Calinao Dy
The greatest gift I could offer to God,
The best thing I could give to the world
Is none other but my life itself
for the common good of the people.
Perhaps, I would die rendering my task
But God knows, I would never ever ask
Why I do this for the poor
'Cause I want them to love Him more.
I wouldn't mind my own happiness
Because my very core
Is to make them closer to God
To fully understand His words.
I do it for free because of my love for Him
And no greater joy in my heart
Than to serve my Master and be part
Of a peaceful, beautiful and better world.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Missionary by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA