A Moment For All Time
Scenes of design, origin~
cherry, gingko, or maple trees
.....a Japanese screen transplanted in kind.
Some five koi splashed blue;
how beautiful their value’s worth.
Painted odd spots of orange,
a winged one, yellow, black, some gold
.....flits and flutters amongst old, spotted blue;
a sun kissed garden, pink
blushed, passionately lush through and through.
Come lovers of nature,
peonies for her hat; mossy
.....green, his cap... consider the blue waters~
hope for enlightenment,
linger to drink, linger to think.
Scent of garden’s sweet face,
nature’s ancient brush paints anew
.....a portrait orientally sublime
pen and ink yields a love
linked scroll, poetry finds its way.
Like truth endowed, in awe~
Inspired and draped in harmony
.....hearts race, passions pace, and with strange delight....
catching breath, resting now,
birds, the swallows, twitter their songs.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Moment For All Time by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath