A Moment For All Time
Scenes of design, origin~
cherry, gingko, or maple trees
.....a Japanese screen transplanted in kind.
Some five koi splashed blue;
how beautiful their value’s worth.
Painted odd spots of orange,
a winged one, yellow, black, some gold
.....flits and flutters amongst old, spotted blue;
a sun kissed garden, pink
blushed, passionately lush through and through.
Come lovers of nature,
peonies for her hat; mossy
.....green, his cap... consider the blue waters~
hope for enlightenment,
linger to drink, linger to think.
Scent of garden’s sweet face,
nature’s ancient brush paints anew
.....a portrait orientally sublime
pen and ink yields a love
linked scroll, poetry finds its way.
Like truth endowed, in awe~
Inspired and draped in harmony
.....hearts race, passions pace, and with strange delight....
catching breath, resting now,
birds, the swallows, twitter their songs.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Moment For All Time by Jackie Allen )
- A Back Seat, Elia Michael
- Love shall stand, hasmukh amathalal
- Female Author, Sylvia Plath
- Dirge For A Joker, Sylvia Plath
- The Babysitters, Sylvia Plath
- The Beekeeper's Daughter, Sylvia Plath
- Bluebeard, Sylvia Plath
- Rhyme, Sylvia Plath
- Pheasant, Sylvia Plath
- Who are all sweet?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)