A Mountainous Life
The the earth may be round
Or flat the trodden ground
Yet a life we live
Edges and ridges
Of ravines and cliffs
A nice balancing act!
We come across
Ups and downs
Highs and lows
Ascents and descents
Pebbles and rocks
Valleys and waterfalls
Peaks and summits
Brooks and springs
That leaps and sprints
Cirques and crags
That daunt and brags
With vegetation and habitations
Existing and coexisting
While mountain ranges imposing
Greets us all around!
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mountainous Life by Rajesh Thankappan )
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah