A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
If we had a national referendum; what would it be about?
Medically assisted death or politicians we could route?
But referendums and recall are banned in this great land,
Where less than half of us vote and we think that this is grand.
Because compulsory voting is not politically correct,
The Ottawa aristocrats feel this might show disrespect,
And party politicians can’t think beyond their own party rules,
They have to wait for the party orders like obedient mules.
And would medically assisted death fit into this situation?
Would the religious crowd say we are headed for damnation?
When is the next election or does anyone really know?
How long do we have to watch this Ottawa no-change floor show?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A National Referendum... March 1st,2014 by James Bredin )
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)