A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
If we had a national referendum; what would it be about?
Medically assisted death or politicians we could route?
But referendums and recall are banned in this great land,
Where less than half of us vote and we think that this is grand.
Because compulsory voting is not politically correct,
The Ottawa aristocrats feel this might show disrespect,
And party politicians can’t think beyond their own party rules,
They have to wait for the party orders like obedient mules.
And would medically assisted death fit into this situation?
Would the religious crowd say we are headed for damnation?
When is the next election or does anyone really know?
How long do we have to watch this Ottawa no-change floor show?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A National Referendum... March 1st,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- First Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Walk like a Penguin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- No-where One, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Cry of Torn Leaf, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Amdo (love), Missau Missau
- Dynamic Frustration, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In Divine Lap of Nature, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Not towards west, gajanan mishra
- The Tributary Stanza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Daughter, Missau Missau