A New Chance
From the sky
Gently caressing my body
Telling the impurities I’ve got goodbye.
I can feel the stains
Of my life wash away,
And make me free again.
A freedom that is sure to stay.
I only have to try;
I only have to work hard;
I only have to do what’s right,
Only this and I get a new start.
With the rain
Comes a new freedom
Of a new chance,
In a new day.
Candace Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Chance by Candace Johnson )
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)