A New Chance
From the sky
Gently caressing my body
Telling the impurities I’ve got goodbye.
I can feel the stains
Of my life wash away,
And make me free again.
A freedom that is sure to stay.
I only have to try;
I only have to work hard;
I only have to do what’s right,
Only this and I get a new start.
With the rain
Comes a new freedom
Of a new chance,
In a new day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Chance by Candace Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Last Word, Tom Sleigh
- She walks, Nassy Fesharaki
- Novel, Nassy Fesharaki
- These Hands, Mitta Xinindlu
- The Animals in the Zoo Don't Seem Worried, Tom Sleigh
- The Advance, Tom Sleigh
- A March By A Stage, Agboyi Felix
- Stranding, Tom Sleigh
- Son, You Always Had A Dad, Dexsta Ray
- Song That Can Only Be Sung Once, Tom Sleigh