A new mom and dad
A NEW MOM AND DAD
A mommy and daddy you two will soon be.
To a tiny little baby so precious to thee.
When you bring him home you will watch him with love.
That you brought him in this world with a hand from above.
So precious and beautiful, and looks just like you.
Looking up in your eyes he will say I love you.
You will rock him, and kiss him, and hug him so much.
He will look in your face and smile to your touch.
Oh mommy and daddy I love you, I do
When you kiss me, and hug me, I get chills through and through.
You will love him forever, and ever for sure.
You will peek in his room, before closing the door.
You will change him and feed him, and dress him with pride
And then you’ll be ready to go for a ride.
When he’s in the car, he will fall fast asleep.
And when you get home, you won't hear a peep
On his first day of school, you will be so proud.
When you see him get off the bus with the rest of the crowd.
He will smile and be happy when he see’s your face.
So happy for him that his first day was aced.
On his first date, you will worry a lot.
If that person he’s seeing will be right or not.
Oh boy! ! ! The wedding, what a wonderful day.
But you have to let go and give him away.
You will cry with happiness for your baby is grown.
And he will then start a family of his own.
So mommy and daddy, be loving and blessed.
That you brought this little baby into your nest
You will nurture, and fuss, and do all you can do.
To make his life wonderful, and he will always love you.
Love (Mom) Grandma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new mom and dad by kathy ficarra )
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
- 17 Year Engagement, Saiom Shriver
- Beauty, Nishi Kumari
- The World, Tony Adah
- Reflections, Abekah Emmanuel
- New breeze, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)