A New Vague
Have you been to the grid?
Have you walked with the said?
There's a smart new gauge that’s easily read
The figures don't lie, they access it with ease
Turn off your air-con and get it done when they please
Have you heard of the takeover bid?
Have you stood your ground on the swap?
A new vague clarity runs non-stop
In this land of tyranny the compassion is gone
Yet we ignore what is plain and we keep pushing on
We keep pushing on…
This is just a whole new vague
Written for the masses who can see there’s a plague
Like ants in a colony we do our share
But there’re so many larger insects out there
And this is just a whole new vague
Have you visited the quagmire?
Have you strolled in the pit?
The parties lobbied and the real politic
The party-line never different, the rhetoric the same
But we concede so no-one else to blame
No-one else to blame...
10 small appliances on a domain
5 home electronics – all linked on a brain
Overheard and monitored, the objective
Small in vision and perspective
One in five homes run by organized crime
One population soon out of time
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A New Vague by Mason Maestro )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- i am accused of tending to the past, Lucille Clifton
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere