A New Vague
Have you been to the grid?
Have you walked with the said?
There's a smart new gauge that’s easily read
The figures don't lie, they access it with ease
Turn off your air-con and get it done when they please
Have you heard of the takeover bid?
Have you stood your ground on the swap?
A new vague clarity runs non-stop
In this land of tyranny the compassion is gone
Yet we ignore what is plain and we keep pushing on
We keep pushing on…
This is just a whole new vague
Written for the masses who can see there’s a plague
Like ants in a colony we do our share
But there’re so many larger insects out there
And this is just a whole new vague
Have you visited the quagmire?
Have you strolled in the pit?
The parties lobbied and the real politic
The party-line never different, the rhetoric the same
But we concede so no-one else to blame
No-one else to blame...
10 small appliances on a domain
5 home electronics – all linked on a brain
Overheard and monitored, the objective
Small in vision and perspective
One in five homes run by organized crime
One population soon out of time
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A New Vague by Mason Maestro )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)