A New Vague
Have you been to the grid?
Have you walked with the said?
There's a smart new gauge that’s easily read
The figures don't lie, they access it with ease
Turn off your air-con and get it done when they please
Have you heard of the takeover bid?
Have you stood your ground on the swap?
A new vague clarity runs non-stop
In this land of tyranny the compassion is gone
Yet we ignore what is plain and we keep pushing on
We keep pushing on…
This is just a whole new vague
Written for the masses who can see there’s a plague
Like ants in a colony we do our share
But there’re so many larger insects out there
And this is just a whole new vague
Have you visited the quagmire?
Have you strolled in the pit?
The parties lobbied and the real politic
The party-line never different, the rhetoric the same
But we concede so no-one else to blame
No-one else to blame...
10 small appliances on a domain
5 home electronics – all linked on a brain
Overheard and monitored, the objective
Small in vision and perspective
One in five homes run by organized crime
One population soon out of time
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A New Vague by Mason Maestro )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(18 February 1934 – 17 November 1992)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- vocal cords caught in the keyboard, Mandolyn ...
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon