A Paradise Fix
The glare of the sun stuns my eyes,
left with a hangover from last nights cries.
Mornings first breath hits me hard-
struggling to stand, feeling totally off guard.
A life of kissing you and holding you close;
is nothing short of a lethal dose.
If I could drown in a flood of my own tears,
anything to free me from these ghostly fears.
You are my drug, and I need a paradise fix-
without you I begin to trip and wonder; a fatal mix.
It's your love that keeps me breathing and alive,
without you, my heart and soul shall not thrive.
I miss you when I'm screaming your name;
my heart is cold; you iced the flame.
Trapped and dying in this sad fantasy,
just a shell of a woman; exposed for all to see.
Without your love, oxygen alone cannot save me,
you stole my heart from under me; then left the key.
When you disappear, and steal away in the night-
think of me as I slowly begin to fade from sight...
Robin Bennett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Paradise Fix by Robin Bennett )
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
- Burn, Your Eyes, Josh Terpening
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve Carter
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)