A Paradise Fix
The glare of the sun stuns my eyes,
left with a hangover from last nights cries.
Mornings first breath hits me hard-
struggling to stand, feeling totally off guard.
A life of kissing you and holding you close;
is nothing short of a lethal dose.
If I could drown in a flood of my own tears,
anything to free me from these ghostly fears.
You are my drug, and I need a paradise fix-
without you I begin to trip and wonder; a fatal mix.
It's your love that keeps me breathing and alive,
without you, my heart and soul shall not thrive.
I miss you when I'm screaming your name;
my heart is cold; you iced the flame.
Trapped and dying in this sad fantasy,
just a shell of a woman; exposed for all to see.
Without your love, oxygen alone cannot save me,
you stole my heart from under me; then left the key.
When you disappear, and steal away in the night-
think of me as I slowly begin to fade from sight...
Robin Bennett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Paradise Fix by Robin Bennett )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan