Lee B. Mack
A Pay Check: (Original 12 06 2008)
Time is a Midwest settlement
anchored short of
glory roads heading East
fraught with uncivilized
threat so also leave
stacked pity pat hands
reckoning play moves intent on
satirizing deep passionate
run to win
the opponent is wealth
the start clock the finish
expect a pay check.
How can swimmers lift from
the last gulp of breath filled sea
rivers to stream ahead?
God always predicts
the will and when it will do
what it must feel it must do for
a pay check.
Lee B. Mack's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Pay Check: (Original 12 06 2008) by Lee B. Mack )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- EVEN More Cosmic Than Than~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis