Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
A Pessimist's Lament
Life, they say, if full of wonder;
Mine is full of storm and thunder.
Life, they say, is a tuneful song;
Shrieks discordant mine do throng.
Life, they say, with honey drips;
Mine, my tears is made to sip.
Life, they say, in nectar wades;
Sunk in poison mine is laid.
Life, they say, is heavenly bliss;
Mine is mobbed by snakes that hiss.
Life, they say, is paeans' surge;
Mine is but a woeful dirge.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Pessimist's Lament by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov