Waltz For Zizi
A Place To Rest My Heart, In Your Deep Grave
In my palm I've crushed a lot of hearts
because none was like yours.
None of them, had freckles
like the moon, and like you.
But I do not dare laugh, or even smile,
for I truly regret, being like you.
Because I loved you so much
I tried to mimic you, to be you.
To love me, and I brought a lot of stars
from the sky, to the ground.
But it was useless, because you hate yourself,
and therefor, you hate me too.
One day, I'll have them dance on my grave,
to make things even, between them and me.
And now I ask you, my blonde november,
the only one that broke me inside:
Will you be kind to offer me, not your lips,
but a place to rest my heart, in your deep grave?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place To Rest My Heart, In Your Deep Grave by Waltz For Zizi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Upturned Heart Of Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Upturned Heart's Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nature in tact, hasmukh amathalal
- Daytime tropic, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak