A Poem Should Be A Blessing
A POEM SHOULD BE A BLESSING
A Poem should be a blessing,
And not center on sin and lust.
A Poem should bring happiness to others
And not deal with my own forgiveness.
A Poem should be better than I am now.
A Poem should be many things
Which I cannot do.
A Poem should serve You.
But what can I do
Does this Poem serve You?
Or is it merely more vanity of vanity of vanities?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem Should Be A Blessing by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael