A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri
I throbbed in my gut
foreboding the undesired.
Every ticking rolled
in sleepless stupor
as expectation and disappointment
weighed at their miserable best
failing to balance;
they fell down with a thud.
I stood glued insomniac eye blinking
and bleeding through the many
invisible wounds. The swift road
never ends. Endless. Endless. Endless.
Nothing ever left behind either.
Love overflowing like a sewage
to wash itself away. Bricks cracked
and loosened for no particular reason.
All around ghostly paleness;
heads turn away from the other.
A bomb lurks behind
every ticking threatening
to explode at any unguarded moment
to tear the house into smithereens.
Shame. Shame. Shame.
Civility, warmth, affections
always in hiding behind what
nobody knows! This day isn't
like yesterday or tomorrow.
Unkind the cut.
Every brick stands in shameful
Cracked. Cracked. Cracked.
Bleeding. Bleeding. Bleeding.
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri by indira babbellapati )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 4. Statements, Joseph Archer
- Nobody, maryline vautravers
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram