A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri
I throbbed in my gut
foreboding the undesired.
Every ticking rolled
in sleepless stupor
as expectation and disappointment
weighed at their miserable best
failing to balance;
they fell down with a thud.
I stood glued insomniac eye blinking
and bleeding through the many
invisible wounds. The swift road
never ends. Endless. Endless. Endless.
Nothing ever left behind either.
Love overflowing like a sewage
to wash itself away. Bricks cracked
and loosened for no particular reason.
All around ghostly paleness;
heads turn away from the other.
A bomb lurks behind
every ticking threatening
to explode at any unguarded moment
to tear the house into smithereens.
Shame. Shame. Shame.
Civility, warmth, affections
always in hiding behind what
nobody knows! This day isn't
like yesterday or tomorrow.
Unkind the cut.
Every brick stands in shameful
Cracked. Cracked. Cracked.
Bleeding. Bleeding. Bleeding.
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri by indira babbellapati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elias' Poem - More Literal - No R.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić
- Night Passes, Novica Tadić
- Conversation (1), Novica Tadić
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma