PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
A poet is shocked and teacher is ashamed!
How will the teachers` day be happy
if teaching turns a farce?
I am ashamed as I belong to this community!
One English teacher in an English Medium school
is teaching Tagore`s 'Where the mind is without fear'
with least knowledge as to whether it`s a sonnet or not!
One brave student protests and shows the teacher an
authentic reference book by Xavier Pinto.
The student was rebuked and the teacher persisted
in her opinion that the poem has eleven lines!
She does not know that only the octave part
is given in that syllabus let alone the sextet part!
In another Convent school William Blake`s Poison Tree
is read out to one class with the teacher`s personal interpretation.
Most of the short stories even American ones are just
read out in junior classes with little elucidation.
A sixth standard student is compelled to read Tennyson`s poems.
This is just the tip of a huge iceberg!
All these things are just mockery in the name of education!
Teaching wrong thing is worse than teaching something bad.
How could a teacher misguide students with arrogant authority?
Some students are alert and many others are just instruments.
It`s high time all stood up to this cancerous system.
Bullshit with the celebration if empty goes education!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A poet is shocked and teacher is ashamed! by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland
- Oh Praise And Rejoice, Michael P. McParland
- Oh If......., Michael P. McParland
- True Art, Michael P. McParland
- Yuletide Double Dactyl, Harley White