! A Poets Mind
In a poets mind,
silence has stopped chatter,
traffic noise, childish play.
A hum from a distance sings,
words begin to congregate.
Choosing nouns, verbs and
adjectives, words collected
from the gentle light…..
Lines of tenderness and love
merge into a lovers pledge.
Music for her mind,
sonnet of love and promise
to adore forevermore.
Inspired by Anjali Sinha's poem Words
Bob Blackwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! A Poets Mind by Bob Blackwell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LIP AUGMENTATION VS. DAISY DUCK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DON'T LOSE YOUR BALANCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMORLESS ASSHOLES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dream, Andre Salva
- RISE AND FALL, Beryl Dov
- BLACK THUMB 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WITLESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov