! A Poets Mind
In a poets mind,
silence has stopped chatter,
traffic noise, childish play.
A hum from a distance sings,
words begin to congregate.
Choosing nouns, verbs and
adjectives, words collected
from the gentle light…..
Lines of tenderness and love
merge into a lovers pledge.
Music for her mind,
sonnet of love and promise
to adore forevermore.
Inspired by Anjali Sinha's poem Words
Bob Blackwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! A Poets Mind by Bob Blackwell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Make Your Own Path (Secret Message), Ronald Chapman
- Cognizance, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dark Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- My Brook, Helen Hay Whitney
- Expectancy, Terrance Tracy
- deaith, Ewa Busayourmi
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney