A Point Of No Return
Riding on wings of imagination I fly-
Fly to catch the colors of rainbow,
To float with deep blue clouds,
To become one with a peck of seagulls.
The soft breeze caress me
A flying eagle takes me under his wings as to
Shield me from menacing rays of burning sun
That is when I look down to see you
Calling me, cautioning me against the perils of
Unrestricted flights of mind.
Walking between the thin line of dreams and reality
I know you to be my lifeline.
The world beneath me is hard and cold,
Its cruel drudgery hampers my spirit.
Even in your loving embrace I flutter
Like a butterfly caught in a spider web.
Again and again I break loose to fly
To catch my dreams-
That bottomless pit of circular motion
Which has no walls to support me.
Merging with its speed I still see you as my lifeline
But wish for a point of no return.
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Point Of No Return by Savita Tyagi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily