A Point Of No Return
Riding on wings of imagination I fly-
Fly to catch the colors of rainbow,
To float with deep blue clouds,
To become one with a peck of seagulls.
The soft breeze caress me
A flying eagle takes me under his wings as to
Shield me from menacing rays of burning sun
That is when I look down to see you
Calling me, cautioning me against the perils of
Unrestricted flights of mind.
Walking between the thin line of dreams and reality
I know you to be my lifeline.
The world beneath me is hard and cold,
Its cruel drudgery hampers my spirit.
Even in your loving embrace I flutter
Like a butterfly caught in a spider web.
Again and again I break loose to fly
To catch my dreams-
That bottomless pit of circular motion
Which has no walls to support me.
Merging with its speed I still see you as my lifeline
But wish for a point of no return.
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Point Of No Return by Savita Tyagi )
Did you read them?
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)