A Prayer Of Thanks
Thank you Lord for the glorious light,
That comes every morning, from the sun so bright.
Thank you Lord, for the evening breeze,
that from the heat brings blessed relief.
Thank you Lord for the wind that blows,
Thank you Lord for the grass that grows,
Thank you Lord for the evening sky,
Thank you Lord for the stars so high.
Thank you Lord, for the golden moon,
Thank you Lord for the flowers that bloom,
Thank you Lord for the oceans deep,
Thank you Lord for the tears we weep.
For the sunshine and the rain,
For the joy and for the pain,
Thank you Lord for what my eyes have seen,
Thank you Lord, for everything.
5/23/10 29 palms ca.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer Of Thanks by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Are My Master, Lilly Emery
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise