A Prayer (pt.5) Guidance From Above
Dear Heavenly Father,
the most resent of tasks
were the most alien.
I can't help but to stress;
Im so scared of failing
Bailing out will never be a choice
I need your volume
So that my actions will have
a louder voice.
Please help my vision
become more space bound.
I need you to lift me up,
Im in need of your strength
I am too tired of being down
Time is my only enemy.
With my raging war against
an unstopable element
It feels as though everyones against me.
Please make me vibrant
Shine bright like the sun.
It is this reason why I pray to you
for your name is compared to none.
Apollo Chandler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer (pt.5) Guidance From Above by Apollo Chandler )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila