A Prayer To Mother
I pray I am not late...to place this prayer in thine plate, that with mine own hand hath baked.
Dear Lord, Thou hast known A mother's love and tender care
And Thou wilt hear, while for the people's Mother most dear I make this birthday prayer.
Protect her life, I pray, Who gave the gift of life to me;
And may she know, from day to day, The deepening glow of Life that comes from Thee. As once her breast Fearless and well content I laid,
So let her heart, on Thee at rest, Feel fears depart and troubles fade away.
Her every wish fulfill; And even if Thou must refuse In anything, let Thy wise will and comfort bring such as kind mothers use.
Ah, hold her by the hand, As once her hand held ours;
And though she may not understand Life's winding way, lead her in peace divine.I cannot pay my debt For all the love that she hath given me
Bless her in earth and heaven. AMEN
Moostef Vosti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Prayer To Mother by Moostef Vosti )
- MODERN CROOK: DARK SECRET SOCIETY, Dominic George
- THE UNSUNG SIDE OF MAGIC (Acrostic poem:.., Dominic George
- DEVASTATED MOTHER, Dominic George
- CLOWN'S SNEER, Dominic George
- THE IRK CRY OF A LONELY GHOUL, Dominic George
- The Whole Wide World, Margaret Alice Second
- Chili con carne in september, Madrason writer
- IN SINS BONDAGE, Dominic George
- HOMO SAPIEN: PERCEPTION OF BEAUTY, Dominic George
- Discipline and decorum., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)