A Proud Country with Too Many Charities
Poverty remains ubiquitous and rampant,
Inside a country with so many charities.
Young teenagers are parading with no panties,
And a young overwhelmed government,
Who is fighting corruption within,
Like an infested piece of uncooked steak left
Dying in the sun; it is a well-orchestrated theft
That’s no one accepts, it’s is a strange sin
That the gods will not forgive.
A country, with humongous glorious memories,
Can’t stand on its toes, it can only stay on its knees.
This is sad; everyone ought to be asked to leave,
Where so many are suffering in this heated labyrinth,
Where so many are praying and staying at great length,
Inside the corrupt sacristy, where priests are drunk,
And sisters, wearing bikinis, are witnessing players dunk
Freely. Life has never being so horrible for the peasants,
Who are over-exploited by unscrupulous merchants.
Only a wise King can alter the culture of this environment,
Only a pious Saint can save this weak government,
With so many opposing common sense, and obvious logics.
It is bad that so many foreigners fear to bring real logistics
To improve things for good. There are too many charities,
Who are eating raw plantains; too many are also dropping their panties.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Proud Country with Too Many Charities by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier