Carla Jean Laglia Esely
A Quiet Repose
The majestic mountain's calls out to my sensitive soul.
"Come home, come home, come "please"! console".
Hear the stories of the days of old.
Some stories humble, some stories bold.
Hear about the forgotten lore of pioneer's centuries past!
Their hopes, their dreams, their hard won tasks.
Of building a nation on honesty, integrity, faith and love.
Has all been disregarded like a worn out glove.
"Walk down my trail's the pioneers once tread."
"With loyal compassion now long time dead!"
"Their love for God and Country and humanity they shared!"
"Still to this day their brand of leadership remains uncompared.
See where many tall strong trees once stood.
Now destroyed and gone! "Caused by nothing good!"
Like reposed promises made centuries past them the future has forgotten"
"But their stumps remain for us all to see both charred and rotten.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Quiet Repose by Carla Jean Laglia Esely )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer