A Reason To Live!
The tenderness in your eyes-
When you behold me,
Gives me a reason to live-
In this deary world.
The warmth that flows in me-
When you embarace me,
Gives me a reason to live.
Even amidst the cold-hearted-
The smile on your lips,
when you console me,
Wipes away the tears drops,
The world has given me.
The encouragement you give me-
In times of despair;
Instils new strengths in me
In times of despair
To face all the troubles ahead.
The patience you show-
When i am angry,
Gives me the understanding,
To take everything in my stride.
The love shining in your eyes-
When we are together;
Gives me hope to live,
For wonderful tomorrows.
When you share my life-
And all my joys and sorrows
My reason to live,
Is the power of your love.
anju addanki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Reason To Live! by anju addanki )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa