James Darwin Smith II
A Reflective Journey
Oh, Cloudy skies of delusions
Clean up for the stars to seize
A great metaphor for pondering
Inside the philosophy that is me
So many galaxies
So many planets
Stars and stars to be seen
Why do I feel so little on earth?
Is everything all just a dream?
What is the very origin of this soul?
What stars did you reap?
A parallel, Must be my home
Why can I never go there ever again?
Who knows me?
Perhaps I could have a bit of amnesia
Not able to pinpoint the stars
That shall direct me to my true abode
But say if I am truly of this planet
The one they call Earth
Why do I feel so different?
Where was I before I was born into this world?
Inside of me, Deep inside
There are so many galaxies, Universes, Stars
And of course planets
I call them my entire inner muse
Oh, Cloudy mind
Clean your mess
Down from you
And into this very heart
Help make my life more than just a metaphor
So sick of over thinking
Feeling practically numb all over
As all those feelings go straight into my heart
My heart, mind and even soul
Will they soon be aligned for good?
Will I feel comfort again?
Please, make it very, very soon
James Darwin Smith II's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Reflective Journey by James Darwin Smith II )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Crimes Indicting Entire Human Race, Terence G. Craddock
- The Power Of Dreams, Edward Kofi Louis
- Written On The Wall, Muhammad Shanazar
- Explosives And A Rose, Muhammad Shanazar
- The Truth, Muhammad Shanazar
- When, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Known, unknown!, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Heart Doesn't Commend, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Collective Grave, Muhammad Shanazar
- Come With Me, Omar Eldamsheety