A scanty meal with an unknown friend!
The above name is my poor little eating house!
And I am your cook, waiter, cashier and the boss.
Before swallowing a strawberry,
If you say sorry!
And I do not have money
Then I have a sympathy
And tell you bring money some other day!
But after licking a bone of country chicken
If you pretend that you lost your wallet
No excuses at all and I'll arrest
You damned culprit
In my hot kitchen!
Humbly to the poetess and my friend Vessy a rare bird!
*Sweet promptings unto kindest deeds were in her very look; We read her face, as one who reads a true and holy book.
-John Greenleaf Whittier
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A scanty meal with an unknown friend! by nimal dunuhinga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Mind Games, Perveiz Ali
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal