A Short Report
It was a short report
on the third page
somewhere near the bottom
an elderly woman
or at least none nearby
or at least none that cared.
She had some money
how much they didn't say.
She walked down the high street
giving it away.
The social services got involved
put her in a home
doped her with pills
found someone to manage her money.
She can live on it for years and years.
But if the money's hers
why shouldn't she give it away
does giving have to mean
you're either senile or insane?
Gillian Commerford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Short Report by Gillian Commerford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- As It Looks To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- General Pershing, Edgar Albert Guest
- Thoughts Of A Soldier, Edgar Albert Guest
- To A Lady Knitting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bob White, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cashier's Dream; The Hunt, Keith Taylor
- Scathe, tolu ogundare
- Brothers All, Edgar Albert Guest
- Nothing To Laugh At, Edgar Albert Guest
- All about me Ma!, Damian Murphy