Gary James Smith
A SILENT NIGHT
T'was a silent night in Bethlehem
When the shepherds watched their flocks
All of a sudden an interuption came
That silenced their small talk.
For heavenly hosts with hosanahs sang
Announcing the Saviours birth
Then chorus rang in the shepherds hearts
They were the happiest men on earth.
They went to see if it was so
as to what the angel said
And sure enough in Bethlehem
They saw where the babe was laid.
When they had seen it they made known
The saying which they heard
Returning they glorified and praised their God
For they had seen the Lord.
Copyright Gary James Smith
Dec.18,2011 @ 1: 15 a.m.
Gary James Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SILENT NIGHT by Gary James Smith )
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)