A silent prayer
How deep is the deepest sea,
how far is the east from the west,
when everything feels as empty and dry,
as a river without rain
when everything you believed in
does not matter anymore?
How high is God removed,
how high from my broken soul?
Lord, I did wander far away
and how low must I bow before I break,
when all I have is yesterday
and every tomorrow is miles away,
when I do not even know myself
and all of my trust is shattered to the core.
Lord who am I,
how many times
must I turn another cheek
and betray myself?
How will I be able to pick up the pieces of my life?
Unworthy I come to kneel at Your throne.
I am unclean and with brokenness.
I am miserable and in need of help.
Lord, do not sent my away.
Lord, this child off yours is so weary.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A silent prayer by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Pain and Love Thoughts, Tiger Auntunette
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal