A silent prayer
How deep is the deepest sea,
how far is the east from the west,
when everything feels as empty and dry,
as a river without rain
when everything you believed in
does not matter anymore?
How high is God removed,
how high from my broken soul?
Lord, I did wander far away
and how low must I bow before I break,
when all I have is yesterday
and every tomorrow is miles away,
when I do not even know myself
and all of my trust is shattered to the core.
Lord who am I,
how many times
must I turn another cheek
and betray myself?
How will I be able to pick up the pieces of my life?
Unworthy I come to kneel at Your throne.
I am unclean and with brokenness.
I am miserable and in need of help.
Lord, do not sent my away.
Lord, this child off yours is so weary.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A silent prayer by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine