A silent whispher
A silent whisper sighs with the fading of Apollo's rays
as the gentle waves lap unceasingly on the pearly shores.
My eyes seem to be drawn heavenwards
magnetised by the enchantment filtering from the starry sky
as the lilting tones of a melancholic chant
rise slowly from the echoes of the snowy mountains.
As my lids close upon the majesty of the stars
my mind takes on swift wings of its own
and flits me off to a land where darkness exists not.
Half asleep yet half awake
my mind unable to accept the harsh reality
and naively choosing to accept none but surreal dreams.
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A silent whispher by Anna Ong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman