A silent whispher
A silent whisper sighs with the fading of Apollo's rays
as the gentle waves lap unceasingly on the pearly shores.
My eyes seem to be drawn heavenwards
magnetised by the enchantment filtering from the starry sky
as the lilting tones of a melancholic chant
rise slowly from the echoes of the snowy mountains.
As my lids close upon the majesty of the stars
my mind takes on swift wings of its own
and flits me off to a land where darkness exists not.
Half asleep yet half awake
my mind unable to accept the harsh reality
and naively choosing to accept none but surreal dreams.
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A silent whispher by Anna Ong )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid