A Simple Answer
There are so many questions about love,
But it is a simple answer, really.
Some guard against it,
Others fake it completely.
One can give it with no conditions,
Another confuses it with lust.
Two people can be soul mates,
Singles may try to rush.
Sometimes we find it a dirty word,
They take your heart and leave it broken.
You see their actions as absurd,
Because now all you are left with are tokens.
Occasionally we feel it in extraordinary ways,
Your heart has opened up to the light.
Feeling on top of the world,
Because you found what you had been waiting for your whole life.
The definition is an intense affection for another,
Enthusiasm or fondness also tops the list.
It needs to be said that lust is a sexual desire,
The two are close but one is amiss.
Go ahead and guard your heart,
Completely make it concealed.
Put restrictions on it,
Pretend the desire is real.
Imagine how your heart could be,
If you ever would have loved me.
The difference between love and lust,
There is only one that you can truly trust.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Simple Answer by Leigh Ladd )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney