A Simple Warning
You stare at it as if you've never
seen it. You eat it up like it's the
best thing you've ever eaten. Your
life is consumed with anger. You spend
your days eaten up with greed and lies.
It feels like home
It fits like a glove
to your life but this isn't
the way it was meant to bear
Yet you've known no different.
You are fed lies told greed is a
new lifestyle. Don't get fooled by the lies.
Greed will eat you up
Lies will tear you apart.
How do you survive. I cannot say but
don't fall into the path of lies and greed
for it will destroy you
Krazy Rae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Simple Warning by Krazy Rae )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey