A Smile On Your Face
A Smile On your face is all that I want to see
Before I drew a sad face, while I tried to create your drawing
Though, then I felt that a sad face does not at all look good on you
So, I pasted a smile on your face to make you glow.
A glow on face looks truly perfect on you
Your face can never be sad and at least I will try my best to make sure.
Whenever I draw a portray of you, it has an added smile to it
As in my dreams, you always keep on smiling
For me your smile means a lot.
I forever wanted you in my life but fixed plans did not work out
Still, I have not completely forgotten you
Whenever, I am sitting alone and thinking, face of a dream girl comes to my mind.
Even you know that I always try to sketch your exact face
I have not been able to do so till now, since I am not a good painter
Maybe someday, I will paint your face perfectly and be very near to your soul
Then, I will be looking at you endlessly, since your perfect picture I would have finally achieved then
Till then please smile for me, even though now, you only hate me
I loved you, actually did do.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Smile On Your Face by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- Who will save me, Mustapha Muinah
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)