A Smile On Your Face
A Smile On your face is all that I want to see
Before I drew a sad face, while I tried to create your drawing
Though, then I felt that a sad face does not at all look good on you
So, I pasted a smile on your face to make you glow.
A glow on face looks truly perfect on you
Your face can never be sad and at least I will try my best to make sure.
Whenever I draw a portray of you, it has an added smile to it
As in my dreams, you always keep on smiling
For me your smile means a lot.
I forever wanted you in my life but fixed plans did not work out
Still, I have not completely forgotten you
Whenever, I am sitting alone and thinking, face of a dream girl comes to my mind.
Even you know that I always try to sketch your exact face
I have not been able to do so till now, since I am not a good painter
Maybe someday, I will paint your face perfectly and be very near to your soul
Then, I will be looking at you endlessly, since your perfect picture I would have finally achieved then
Till then please smile for me, even though now, you only hate me
I loved you, actually did do.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Smile On Your Face by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- Choosing a Christmas Card for 2011, Frank Avon
- GANDHI RE REMEMBERED...., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Twelve Birds of Christmas, Frank Avon
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)