A SONG OF THANKSGIVING! ! ! !
Thanking all the Gods that humor me;
For the sun on my back
And a dream to clasp.
For the crystal brooks
In which a glimpse to grasp.
For a song in my ear
And a tune to ignore
What God didn’t put in there
All the worldly disorder,
For a friendly face to anxiously seek
The romance and the mystique,
For the sweet honeycomb,
The entire globe the deft can comb
With a wander streak.
For the twinkle in every raindropp I see,
Before it hits the dust in melancholy,
For a snooze on the flower-cup bed,
With a bee jazzing in my head.
For the fruits lashing my brow,
With all expectations in stow.
For the candle in the wind,
And every strong gush they send.
For the sweet smelling flowers,
To exalt you in early morning hours.
For the innocent rose
That makes her way out of the thorny growth.
Most of all I thank- for paving a path,
And lighting a spark,
And a hand to hold with you as I walk
Seema joglekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SONG OF THANKSGIVING! ! ! ! by Seema joglekar )
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Boro Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)