A SONG OF THANKSGIVING! ! ! !
Thanking all the Gods that humor me;
For the sun on my back
And a dream to clasp.
For the crystal brooks
In which a glimpse to grasp.
For a song in my ear
And a tune to ignore
What God didn’t put in there
All the worldly disorder,
For a friendly face to anxiously seek
The romance and the mystique,
For the sweet honeycomb,
The entire globe the deft can comb
With a wander streak.
For the twinkle in every raindropp I see,
Before it hits the dust in melancholy,
For a snooze on the flower-cup bed,
With a bee jazzing in my head.
For the fruits lashing my brow,
With all expectations in stow.
For the candle in the wind,
And every strong gush they send.
For the sweet smelling flowers,
To exalt you in early morning hours.
For the innocent rose
That makes her way out of the thorny growth.
Most of all I thank- for paving a path,
And lighting a spark,
And a hand to hold with you as I walk
Seema joglekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SONG OF THANKSGIVING! ! ! ! by Seema joglekar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey