A Statistic Of The Gun
the word was he was evil and some evil things he'd done
And amongst the like minded some respect he had won
From his late teens a criminal and he lived on the run
And he had committed armed robberies and he lived and died by the gun.
In his early teens rendered homeless his mum and dad in jail
A street kid of the ghetto was he not doomed to fail?
And like every one he too had a life story but he could only tell
Of life in the slum suburbs where it is worse than hell.
He had lost his innocence at a young age of him that can be said
And he died in a dingy laneway with a bullet in his head
But anyway you look at it his death was of foul play
And he did not deserve to die in such a horrid way.
Only in his early twenties seems so young for one to die
And a decade back or even less he was still a school going boy
And he died in the ghetto a statistic of the gun
And the foulest act of all acts robbed the mother of her son.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Statistic Of The Gun by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
- Awakened, Edan Oliver
- if it were up to me, Edan Oliver
- Opening Blossoms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- numb, Edan Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)