A Summer Shower
I'm standing here watching the rain
Running down my window pane.
For days now, there's been no rain in sight,
But when it does, couldn't it rain at night?
Every single plant and every single flower
Is extremely grateful for this summer shower.
I see people, who have been caught unaware,
Wet through with lank, bedraggled hair.
They quicken their pace and dash away,
Hoping that this weather isn't set for the day.
I, to, am hoping that it won't hang around,
As later, I was hoping to pop into town.
On the cars, the windscreen wipers swish to and fro.
Their tyres splashing through the puddles as they go.
The sky is grey, but I see a small chink of blue,
So maybe hopefully this rain will be over soon?
Returning to my chores, I hope with all my heart,
That the day will improve despite a dodgy start!
I return to the window. Half an hour has gone by
And I'm thrilled to see the sun is finally in the sky!
The wetness on the ground begins to evaporate,
So I dash into town before it gets too late.
The prolonged shower seems to have passed
And it's turned into a glorious day at last!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Summer Shower by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher